woensdag 31 juli 2013

The Way Back



 

One of the things that intrege me the most is how we can stay in a place where we can hear that small soft Voice above all the other voices, screaming for our attention. Lately I have been very practical about turning the volume of those voices down by providing myself a surrounding of peace. I am not a minimalist but I´m starting to see how true ´Less is more´ really is. How owning to much stuff distracts me, keeps me occupied and steals my focus and above all my time.

Ever since the beginning of this year I´ve been getting rid of 50 items a week, wich is working for me very well. It helps me getting things done without being overwhelmed... and wow I´m starting to see results!

My goal is not owning next to nothing, but I do strive for simplicity.  It is a journey that requires a lot of patience, but small consistent steps is the way to go here. In the meantime these keep me inspired
about living a simple life in a tiny house/, videos about simplicity and minimalism, this amazing blog 

6 opmerkingen:

  1. What a great goal. I have been trying to purge lots of my things, too, but I am really bad about attaching sentimental attachment to things. Maybe I should also pick a number and agree to get rid of so many things a month.
    I am interested to see how you do with this project. Keep it up!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thnx :) really if I can do it everybody can! I am known for collecting and keeping everything (family stuff, tons and tons of photo's, leaves from foreign countries..you name it!) The trick for me has been renewing my mind about stuff and ask myself about objects around me whether they give me more energy or take more energy, once I got the hang of it the answer was surprisingly often that the energy it takes doesn't mount op against the energy it gives. I'll keep you posted!

      Verwijderen
  2. Geweldig initiatief! zouden meer mensen moeten doen :-)
    (en dank voor je lieve comment. "Genade" zette me aan het denken -x-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I appreciate this post!

    Thinking of you ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen