woensdag 25 november 2009

Menu del dia





jane suggested to tell about a typical local dish. I know 'girls of Arnhem' doesn't sound like something you can eat (Arnhem= the of name my city), but you can. Roald Dahl discovered them when he was signing books here in the eighties and called it: the best cookies in the world.

Its probally too far away from you to buy one at the shop (my favourite) above, so you'll have to make them yourself :190 gram flour* 1 dl milk* 4 drops lemon juice* 5 grams fresh yeast* 105 grams unsalted butter (divided into five blocks)* Pinch of salt* Handful of granulated sugarMix flour, milk, lemon juice and yeast. Beat with an electric mixer the butter pieces into the mixture. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and let stand overnight in the refrigerator.Preheat oven to 140 degrees (position 1). Cover the baking tray with greaseproof paper. Sprinkle work surface with granulated sugar, roll the dough with a rolling pin to thin out. A (oval) shape cutter cookies sticking, put cookies on the baking sheet, sprinkle some sugar over it. Approximately 35 minutes baking.Recipe from: Roald Dahl: The Cookbook

8 opmerkingen:

  1. sounds good , I have to go there sometimes to try them

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I'm off to the Lab now - to make those cookies. Good thing I still have a metric scale to help with the measurements. I hope they turn out good. Did you make some, and if so, post pictures to see if we made them correctly?

    Thanks for the intriguing Corner View today.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Great post, and what a CUTE picture!! Is that you? It's adorable! Love how you painted it.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. @Kay: the shop really has good stuff

    @ Maia thank you ! C'est moi :) Last weekend I installes photoshop, so I'm experimenting a bit..

    @ Conny, you're right it looks quite complicated, I don't have a oven (good excuse ;)) yet so the answer is no, I hope to get back to you with a pic how they are supposed to look!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. thanks for the recipe! i´ll definitely try these. besos! p.s. that first pic looks like a postcard! love it!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. ummm YUM!!! can I even wait to try those? NO thanks for the yummy recipe!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. what fun photos.
    Oh and I love Roald Dahl's books.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Love the shots! Too cute! Thanks for the recipe! I love trying new ones!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen